High quality underground pipe locators are useful gear. There are however numerous brands and models hence it is not easy to choose the best. But we are here to help you out. This is because we have composed reviews of the top 9 best underground pipe locators in 2020 below. Read through and choose the one that will meet your needs.
9. TEMPO Communications 508S-G Wire Finder Mini Locator
It is specifically designed to located de-energized or energized 120 VAC wires underground and behind walls. As well, it is capable of pinpointing wire, locating a specific circuit break prior to drilling as well as verifying dig sites underground. It also has a transmitter which is equipped with a thumb wheel switch for switch it on and adjusting the sensitivity for highly accurate locating. Moreover, it is uniquely designed for premise wiring technicians and locates hidden receptacles
- Locates energized 120 VAC or even de-energized wires
- Quickly determine route and depth of wires
- Completely adjustable sensitivity for ultra accurate locating
- Identifies circuit breakers and pinpoints drill sites
8. RIDGID 96967 NaviTrack II Locator, Line Tracer and Underground Pipe Locator
The pipe locator meets and exceeds EN 55022 Class B and FCC Class B requirements hence high quality is assured for you. It is also specifically designed for locating pipes and detecting lines underground of behind walls. As well, it is designed to easily locate in-line transmitters like energized metallic lines, remote transmitters and SeeSnake. In addition, it verifies the location utilizing a micro-mapping display to mark distinctive poles behind or in front of the target for accurate location.
- Perfectly locates pipes and detects lines
- Gives an accurate location using micro-mapping display
- Locates in-line transmitters
7. Kolsol Underground Wire Locator Cable Tester F02 With Earphone for Locate Wires and Control Wires Cables Pet Fence Wires
This high quality underground pipe locator is great for locating and tracking hidden and buried wires or pipes. It also easily locates metal wires, pet fence wires, electrical wires, metal pipes, and many more. As well, it is great for locate-determining the receptacles which are on specific circuit breaks and track-pinpointing drill sites prior to drilling. Additionally, it has a wire tracer range of up to 2 to 3 ft deep and 100ft in length.
- Locates and tracks buried or hidden metal wires and pipes
- Locates energized and non-energized cables
- Pinpoints drill sites and locates circuit breaks before drilling
6. RIDGID 22163 SeekTech SR-60 Locator, Underground Wire Locator and Utility Locator
It is great for utility location, underground cable location, or even other line location via active or passive line tracing. It also allows you to trace all frequencies from 10 Hz to 490 kHz form sondes, transmitters, energized lines, and SeeSnake reels. As well, it permits you to trace sondes and energized line at once using Simultrace technology. Besides, it features powerful graphic interface that has an LCD screen which offers graphic representation of depth readings, guidance lines, poles, equator line, and more.
- Designed with superior graphic LCD screen interface
- Designed with Simultrace technology for tracing both sondes and line trace simultaneously
- Traces energized lines, SeeSnake reels, beacons, and transmitters
5. Leica 6014157 DD130 Underground Locator Ext Frequency Kit
This is amongst the best underground pipe locators in these reviews. It is designed to offer automatic pinpointing at various depths of up to 33 feet deep with radio, power and auto modes. It is also IP54 rated against water and dust hence keeps you working even in tough jobsite conditions. As well, it is uniquely designed for locating all underground utilities at the longest ranges.
- Locates underground utilities at ranges of up to 33 feet deep
- Has power, auto and radio modes
- Dust and water resistant with IP54 rating
4. RIDGID 19238 NaviTrack Scout Locator, Underground Pipe Locator and Underground Cable Location Device
It features multi-directional antenna technology which optimizes the signal strength to easily find the energized line, sondes or target pipe. It also identifies position utilizing a micro-mapping display which marks distinctive poles behind and in front of the target for accurate locating. As well, it is great when locating utilizing SeeSnake inspection camera reels, sondes and energized lines. In addition, it meets and exceeds EN 55022 Class B and FCC Class B requirements hence high quality is assured for you.
- Equipped with multiple directional antenna technology
- Locates sondes, energized lines, SeeSnake reels, target pipes and more
- Meets EN 55022 Class B and FCC Class B requirements
3. Pipe Inspection Camera, Drain Sewer Camera IP68 Waterproof Industrial Pipeline Endoscope with Distance Counter 30M/100FT Cable Video Inspection Scope
This high quality underground pipe locator has a large 7-inch TFT LCD monitor display which shows exactly what you want to see. It also has a sewer camera that has 12 LED highlights and you can easily adjust the light size to suit your demands. As well, it is suitable for inspecting underground pipes, air-conditioning interiors, car interiors, and many more. Furthermore, it is powered by a 4500mAh rechargeable battery with running time of up to 8 hours on full charge.
- Equipped with a huge 7 inches TFT LCD color monitor display
- Powered by high capacity rechargeable battery
- Ideal for inspecting underground pipes, wires, etc
2. Aukfa Sewer Borescope Camera 65ft with Distance Counter Snake Cam Video Sewer Pipe Inspection Equipment
It features IP68 waterproof rating hence it can perfectly work all underground environments. It is also ideal for inspecting various spots in storm water systems, waste water systems, and pipelines of various types, ducts, drains, and many more. As well, it has 7-inch screen which shows the wire length hence makes inspection work more efficient and convenient. Besides, it is equipped with a rechargeable 4500mAh Li-ion battery with 6 to 9 hours working time.
- Powered by a 4500 mAh rechargeable battery
- Suitable for working in any underground environment with IP68 waterproof rating
- Equipped with a large 7-inch TFT LCD screen
1. Ridgid 21893 SeekTech SR-20 Locator, Line Tracer and Underground Utility Locator
It has a huge LCD screen which displays proximity signal, target line, guidance arrows and signal strength for easy and quick location. As well, it allows you to trace any wire or pipe with a frequency range from 10 Hz to 35,000 kHz. It also adopts Omni-Seek technology which increases efficiency and accuracy while searching in passive mode. Moreover, it has a continual depth feature which enhances productivity by indicating depth changes in real time.
- Equipped with continual depth feature for increased productivity
- Comes with large LCD screen graphical display
- Omni-Seek technology ensures increased accuracy and efficiency
The above are indeed the top 9 best underground pipe locators in 2020 based on users’ reviews and their features. They are specifically designed to help you identify and locator pipes and wires underground or behind walls. Also, they are waterproof and dustproof hence can work even on tough jobsite conditions. They are made of high quality materials for maximum strength and durability. Thus, you should choose and purchase any of the above underground pipe locators.